This Mediterranean Sheet Pan Meal is full of color, flavor, is allergy-friendly AND perfect for meal prep. What more could you ask for?
Here’s another recipe that I prepped before my not-so-little stay in Michigan! While it’s not as seasonal as I would have liked, I had a TON of produce in my fridge (from a cookbook shoot), and needed to use it up. I made a list of all of the ingredients I had, and grabbed a few that looked thematic to me.
And, BOOM! I ended up with an intensely flavorful, but easy-to-make Mediterranean Sheet Pan Meal. To round out the roasted components, I added in some sliced cucumber and whipped up a simple, herbed tahini sauce. Something I didn’t add, but wish I would have in hindsight, is some olives! So, if you have some on hand, I highly recommend doing that.
If you’d like a higher protein content, add chickpeas or cooked quinoa to the bowls, once you’re assembling them. Otherwise, I dig how this acts as a lighter meal, great for meal-prepping lunch or a weeknight dinner.
You know how I know this is a new favorite? I was absolutely BUMMED to have made it the night before leaving, and had to throw the roasted goodness in the freezer for later. UGH. There are worse problems, but y’all… I’m in love. I can’t wait to bust this out during the summer and play with the ingredients some more!
EDIT: I warmed up these leftovers a couple of ways, and they best way I found was to break up frozen pieces and throw them in the air fryer. I think I cooked them at 350F for about 10 minutes or until hot throughout. And the sauce thawed out wonderfully!
Now, before we get to the recipe, I have a favor to ask. If you have VYA’s Plant-Based Meal Prep, it would mean so much to me if you left a review on the site in which you purchased it! This helps with the book’s rankings and gets it in front of more eyeballs. <3
ARCHIVE – 4 years: Great Valentine’s Desserts // 5 years: Pressure Cooker Pulled Jackfruit // 6 years: Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Oatmeal // 7 years: Artichoke Arugula Soup // 8 years: Arugula Pesto Spaghetti Squash
Sheet Pan Veggies
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 red bell peppers, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 cups (186 g) chopped asparagus, woody ends removed
- 16 ounces (454 g) baby bella or cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons (5 g) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bunch radishes, quartered with leaves removed
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
Herbed Tahini Sauce + Assembly
- 1/2 cup (115 g) plain vegan yogurt
- 1/4 cup (61 g) tahini
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (6 g) minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons (6 g) minced fresh basil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- For the sheet pan veggies, preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC, or gas mark 6), and have ready two large baking sheets.
- In a mixing bowl, place eggplant, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, onion powder, and pinch of black pepper. Stir to evenly coat, then spread into a single layer on a third of one baking sheet.
- In same mixing bowl, place bell pepper, onion, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pinch of black pepper. Stir to evenly coat, then spread into a single layer on another third of one baking sheet.
- Again, add asparagus, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pinch of black pepper. Stir to evenly coat, then spread into a single layer on the last third of one baking sheet.
- Next, combine mushrooms, tamari, parsley, pinch of salt, and pinch of pepper in the mixing bowl. Then, spread it out on the second baking sheet. Lastly, combine radish with 1 teaspoon olive oil, pinch of salt, and pinch of pepper in a bowl, and spread it on the last bit of baking sheet.
- Place baking sheets in the oven, roasting for 20 minutes, then switch pan positions (no need to move veggies around), and roast another 20 minutes. While everything is roasting, make the sauce.
- For the tahini sauce, mix yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, parsley, basil, and salt in a small bowl, until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Once the veggies are roasted, drizzle lemon juice over the asparagus, and assemble recipe in 4 bowls or meal prep containers. Add sliced cucumber to each bowl and serve immediately with sauce, or keep it on the side if prepping for later. Dish will last up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
As noted in the post, feel free to bump up the protein content by adding a drained and rinsed can of chickpeas to the recipe.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 364Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 6gSugar: 41gProtein: 5g
While this Mediterranean Sheet Pan Meal is pretty impressive, don’t think I forgot about Galentine’s/Valentine’s Day! Here are some dishes that you still have time to make for your favorite people (just click the image):