I know that organizing meal prep can be frustrating, and confusing sometimes. So, I’ve made it a little easier for you with this delicious, high-protein vegan meal prep for two menu! This plan covers 5 days of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, for 2 people. And, I made sure there’s diverse fresh ingredients, to get allll the good stuff in.
Now, what constitutes as high-protein is not the same for everyone. If you’re looking for a guide to see how much protein you should eat each day this protein article is helpful! In this menu, it ends up being 60 grams of protein or more. (This can change depending on ingredients used and snacking habits.)
I’ve organized this weekly meal prep pretty close to the multi-person menus in the VYA’s Plant-Based Meal Prep cookbook. So, if you haven’t checked the book out, this is what part of it is like!
Of course, you can choose to skip breakfasts if you have other dishes you prefer. Or maybe you like free styling dinner? Just make the breakfast and lunch recipes! Either way, I’ve outlined how to make this menu work for you to be as convenient and easy as possible. Plus, there’s a grocery list that you can print out!
So that the PDF is not infinitely long, I’ve linked to the recipes below, each of which have their own print button. That way, you can print out the shopping list and bulk-cooking instructions easily. Then, you can decide if you’d like to save some paper by viewing the recipes online. (Or print out if necessary!)
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5|
|B||Hash Brown-Crusted Frittata||Mint Chocolate Chia Parfait||Hash Brown-Crusted Frittata||Mint Chocolate Chia Parfait||Dessert For Breakfast Smoothie|
|L||Quinoa Chickpea Fennel Salad||Southwestern “Egg” Salad Sandwich||Quinoa Chickpea Fennel Salad||Soyrizo-Stuffed Mushrooms||Southwestern “Egg” Salad Sandwich|
|D||Mushroom Lentil Spaghetti Squash Casserole||Pinto Pecan Lettuce Boats||Soyrizo-Stuffed Mushrooms||Mushroom Lentil Spaghetti Squash Casserole||Pinto Pecan Lettuce Boats|
|S||PB&J Buckwheat Granola||Pizza-Roasted Almonds||PB&J Buckwheat Granola||Pizza-Roasted Almonds||PB&J Buckwheat Granola|
About the Shopping List (linked above menu):
Don’t be too intimidated, after the fresh ingredients are mostly common pantry staples. So, you likely have many on hand already! Also, diversity in fiber/plants is supposed to be good for your microbiome. 😉
Day Zero Checklist:
Something that I find SUPER helpful for prep days, is to have all of your necessary ingredients out. Group them together per recipe, and prep the fresh ingredients. This way, everything is easily accessible as you’re in the middle of making other dishes.
- 9 or 10-inch cast iron pan
- Mixing bowls
- Small pot
- Baking sheet
- Baking dish
- Food processor
- Airtight food containers
- Grill or grill pan
What you’ll be making/prepping:
- Hash Brown-Crusted Frittata
- Mint Chocolate Chia Parfait
- Quinoa Chickpea Fennel Salad
- Southwestern “Egg” Salad base
- PB&J Buckwheat Granola
- Pizza-Roasted Almonds
- Pinto Pecan Lettuce Boat filling
Day Zero Steps
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare the Hash Brown Crusted Frittata according to the recipe’s instructions. Once the frittata is baking, move on to the Mint Chocolate Chia Parfait.
- Make the puddings according to the recipe but use the vegan chocolate protein powder as listed in the note. Once your two puddings are mixed, chill them in two separate bowls in the fridge for 1 hour.
- While the puddings are chilling, start the quinoa for the Quinoa Chickpea Fennel Salad. Once simmering, your frittata should be cooked through. Move it to a cooling rack for 30 minutes or more, to cool before dividing into 4 airtight containers and refrigerating. Change oven temperature to 350F.
- While the quinoa is still cooking and frittata cooling, make just the Southwestern “egg” salad base. Keep the avocado and bread separate for assembling the morning before you enjoy it, or on your lunch break. Store the “egg” salad in the refrigerator.
- Now that the quinoa is cooked through, transfer it to a bowl and chill it for 10-15 minutes. Prep the PB&J Buckwheat Granola and place it in the oven to bake. While it’s baking make the dressing for the salad. Next, assemble the salad per the recipe instructions and store in 4 airtight food containers in the refrigerator.
- Once the granola is done, carefully move the parchment paper or mat, with mix still on top, to a cooling rack. Cool for 10-20 minutes before storing in an air-tight container.
- As the granola cools, line the baking sheet again and prepare the Pizza-Roasted Almonds. While those are baking, prepare the Pinto Pecan Lettuce Boat filling in a food processor (but wait to cook it).
- When the almonds are done, cool them on a rack for 45 minutes or more before storing them in an airtight container. As the almonds cool, cook the lettuce boat filling per the recipe. Store the mixture in an airtight container for easy dinner prep during the week.
- Lastly, finish the Mint Chocolate Chia Parfaits by layering the two puddings in 4 jars or airtight containers. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- You’ll be making the Mushroom Lentil Casserole on Day 1 for dinner and saving the leftovers for dinner on Day 4. The Soyrizo-Stuffed Mushrooms will be made on Day 3, with leftovers saved for lunch the next day. And lastly, you’ll be making a double batch of the Dessert for Breakfast Smoothie the morning of Day 5.
And there you have it! You’re all set with a COMPLETE high-protein vegan meal prep menu for two people. Since this is my first time doing a full-on plan for y’all, I’d love to hear what you think! Would you like to see these type of posts more often? Do you find them helpful? And most importantly, I hope you enjoy the eats!!
This blog post includes affiliate links.