Looking for an incredibly rich, easy-to-make dessert that doesn’t require an oven? This Four-Ingredient Chocolate Pie recipe covers ALL those bases and more!
Today’s recipe comes from the wonderfully helpful book Plant-Based on a Budget, by Toni Okamoto, founder of the website of the same name. Toni has been building this immense resource for years, and caters to a wide range of people!
Are you a college student looking for affordable meals? Or are you someone who’s new to the vegan cooking world and looking for easy recipes to get started? PBOAB has everything that you’ll need. And, when people ask me about budget-friendly dishes, it’s the first site I send them to.
So, when Toni came out with this cookbook (her second!) I knew I’d have to share a recipe from it with y’all. Given that the weather is getting warmer, I thought this no-bake, four-ingredient chocolate pie would be the perfect treat! Now, I didn’t have a pre-made graham cracker crust at home, but I was able to make one, so I’ve shared that recipe with you at the end of the post.
What else is in this book? Everything is laid out super straightforward!
- How to be Plant-Based on a bBudget
- One-Pot Meals
- Supper Staples
- Back to Basics
- Sample Meal Plan for One
I love her tips like bringing measuring cups to the bulk bins so that you don’t have random extras of ingredients. Or to check prices per ounce for various brands of the same product (I do this!). She also has time-saving tips!
Did I mention that the byline for the book is “Delicious vegan recipes for under $30 a week, in less than 30 minutes a meal”? Basically, this book is getting gifted to everyone this upcoming holiday season. LOL! It helps with so many excuses that people commonly have in regards to vegan cooking, and I love that about it. Now, let’s get to that pie!
- 1 (12-ounce, 340 g) bag vegan semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14-ounce, 396 g) block silken tofu, drained
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 vegan graham-cracker crust*
- Fresh berries
- Coconut whipped cream*
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips for 45 seconds. Mix with a fork until smooth. (If the chocolate is still lumpy, microwave for 20-second intervals, mixing in between, until the chocolate is completely smooth).
- In a blender or food processor, blend the melted chocolate, tofu, and vanilla until creamy.
- Pour the tofu-chocolate mixture into the piecrust and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until the filling solidifies. The pie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
*Below this recipe is my recipe for a gluten-free, no-bake graham cracker crust!
*Recipe for coconut whipped cream
*Toni's tips: If you don't have a graham-cracker piecrust handy, you can crumble your favorite cookies or graham crackers and pack them tightly into the bottom of an 8-inch pie dish. Then pour the tofu-chocolate mixture on top of the crumbs and place pie in freezer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 4gSugar: 27gProtein: 6g
- As Toni mentions, you can do a rough crust with crumbled cookies or vegan graham crackers! Not quite the same as a crust, but the flavors are there.
- Below, is a quick and easy recipe for a vegan graham-cracker crust! But, if you don’t have graham crackers on hand, I like to use store-bought ginger snaps, snickerdoodles, or vegan chocolate chip cookies. You want to make sure the cookies you use are pretty dry/crunchy!
- 8 ounces (225 g) vegan graham crackers, I used gluten-free
- 3 tablespoons (33 g) room-temperature vegan butter, or coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Break graham crackers into smaller chunks and place them in a food processer equipped with an s-blade. Pulse crackers until they've become a coarse sand-like texture.
- Next, add butter and salt to the crumbs, and pulse until combined. When you pinch the mixture it should stick together fairly easily. Press mixture into the bottom of a lightly-greased 9-inch pie pan, until roughly 1/4-inch thick.
- Chill or freeze until ready to fill!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 21gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Besides the 4-ingredient chocolate pie, here are some other recipes you can use this graham-cracker crust with!
This book was sent to me by the publisher, and I have chosen to share a recipe from it. This post includes an affiliate link.