While Fall has many good dishes that come with it, sometimes it’s hard to focus on the delicious and easy meals that get you through the week! This Fall Vegan Meal Prep Menu is here to help, with 5 days of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, for 2 people.
I’ve organized this weekly meal prep pretty close to the multi-person menus in the VYA’s Plant-Based Meal Prep cookbook. So, if you haven’t checked the book out, this is what part of it is like!
Now, what’s different with this menu versus your average weekly meal prep? I’ve made sure to include plenty of seasonal ingredients like squash, sweet potatoes, and apples. Plus, some dishes that are on the more warming and comforting side, not quite like the High-Protein Meal Prep for Two I did earlier this year.
As I mention in my cookbook and the other meal prep menu, this menu is not the end-all-be-all. Use it as a guide and adjust to your needs! So if that means sticking to your favorite breakfasts, and just using this menu for lunch and dinner – great! Just be mindful of the ingredients in the shopping list and which recipe they’re for if you’re going to skip some things. That way you don’t waste any food. 🙂
In this post I’ll share the Day Zero Prep, along with suggestions for handling the minimal cooking that occurs during the week. But, I will also include them in the PDF linked below that has your shopping list. For the recipes, just click on the names and use the recipe print button if you’d like to print them out as well (otherwise save some paper and cook from your phone). 😉
Lastly, this menu could easily be made gluten-free! Sub farro for brown rice or quinoa, any pasta for a GF version, GF flour where necessary, and the croutons for the Bisque to GF bread.
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5|
|B||Squash & Scramble Tacos||Chunky Monkey Baked Oatmeal||Squash & Scramble Tacos||Pumpkin Protein Smoothie||Chunky Monkey Baked Oatmeal|
|L||Kabocha Squash Feta Salad||Fall Farro Protein Bowl||One-Pot Lentil Mushroom Pasta||Kabocha Squash Feta Salad||Fall Farro Protein Bowl|
|D||Crustless Bacon Brussels Quiche||One-Pot Lentil Mushroom Pasta||Winter Bisque + Crispy Sage||Crustless Bacon Brussels Quiche||Winter Bisque + Crispy Sage|
|S||Cocoa-nut Quinoa Bites||Cran-Apple Oatmeal Cookies||Cocoa-nut Quinoa Bites||Cran-Apple Oatmeal Cookies||Cocoa-nut Quinoa Bites|
Shopping list: (full list in the PDF)
I tried my best to get you a variety of recipes but not a million different ingredients. (It may look long, but I bet you have a lot of the pantry staples on hand already.) The benefit of all of these winter squash and sweet potatoes is that you’ll have tons of Vitamin A in your meals! Of course, I also worked in some delicious greens and plenty of plant-based protein.
Day Zero Checklist:
- Large sheet pan (two if you have them)
- 8×8-inch baking dish
- Mixing bowls
- Saucepans (both large and small)
- Small pot
- Air-tight food storage containers
What you’ll be prepping Day Zero:
- Squash Scramble Taco Filling
- Chunky Monkey Baked Oatmeal
- Kabocha Squash Feta Salad (components)
- Fall Farro Protein Bowl
- Cocoa-nut Quinoa Bites
- Cran-Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Extra credit: Chop and prep veggies for bisque
Day Zero Steps:
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare the roasted filling for the squash & scramble tacos. While that’s roasting prepare the scramble on the stove. Once both are done, keep separate in the refrigerator and assemble with tortillas and toppings once you reheat them on the designated days.
- Next, prep and roast the kabocha squash per the recipe instructions, while it’s roasting cook 1/2 cup lentils for the salad on the stove, make dressing, and prepare the tofu feta, storing it in the fridge to marinate for at least two hours. Once squash is roasted, cool it and the lentils in the refrigerator.
- Then, adjust oven temperature to 375F, and roast the chickpeas/tempeh/sweet potato mix for the Fall Farro Protein Bowl, according to instructions. While that’s roasting, cook the farro on the stove. Assemble finished bowls with remaining ingredients, in four airtight containers and store in the refrigerator.
- Adjust oven to 350F and prepare the Chunky Monkey Baked Oatmeal per the instructions but leave off the banana slices until ready to serve during the week. While that is baking, cook the quinoa for the Cocoa-nut Quinoa Bites. Once oatmeal is done, cool for 15 minutes before cutting and storing in 4 airtight containers.
- Chill the quinoa in the refrigerator until cool, and while it is cooling make and bake the Cran-Apple Oatmeal Cookies. After they are done baking, cool them to room temperature before storing.
- After the quinoa has cooled, assemble the Cocoa-nut Quinoa Bites and store in the refrigerator for later snacking.
- Now, you should be able to combine the chilled kabocha squash, lentils, arugula, red onion, and feta in a large bowl, then divide between four containers. Leave dressing off until ready to serve.
Mmmm… So many good fall flavors, and really, such a diverse menu! As mentioned before, this layout is a bit like my latest cookbook, so if you’d like 13 more menus similar (but even better!) check it out below.