Mini Persimmon Coffee Cakes
These Mini Persimmon Coffee Cakes make for a fantastic Autumn treat, and are great for sharing. Layers of goodness with a crumb topping!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and chopped very ripe Hachiya persimmons
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup vegan sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil in solid form
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegan sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil in solid form
In a food processor, place persimmon, cinnamon, ginger and salt, and pulse until mostly smooth. Set aside until ready to assemble.
Preheat oven to 350F and prepare 12-ct. cupcake pan with liners.
In a small bowl, stir apple cider vinegar and non-dairy milk together, set aside. In another small bowl, whisk hot water and flaxseed together, letting it sit for a few minutes to gel together.
In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Add coconut oil to the flour mixture and cut in using a fork or pastry cutter, until crumbly.
Add milk mixture and flax egg to the mixing bowl, along with vanilla extract, folding together until there are no dry spots. Drop a heaping tablespoon of batter into the bottom of each cupcake liner, spreading it out evenly.
Next, drop a heaping tablespoon of persimmon filling on top of the first cake layer, followed by a rough tablespoon of remaining cake batter.
In a small bowl, mix together flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon, and salt. Cut coconut oil into dry mixture until crumbly. Sprinkle crumbs on top of each cake, then place in oven to bake for 25-27 minutes; or until the tops are light golden brown and the dough is cooked through.
Once baked, place cupcake pan on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes before removing. Enjoy!