Mini Blueberry Cardamom Donuts
Delectable Mini Cardamom Donuts with an all-natural Blueberry Glaze!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Total Time 27 minutes
Servings 30 mini donuts
- 2 tablespoons soft coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba liquid from chickpea can
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried blueberries
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- tablespoons Optional: roughly 3 vegan sugar pearls for topping Wiltons doesn't use confectioner's glaze
Preheat oven to 400F, and lightly coat a 30-count, mini donut pan with oil.
In a mixing bowl, cream the coconut oil, apple sauce, and sugar together using a whisk or hand mixer. Add aquafaba, non-dairy milk, and vanilla extract, whisk until combined.
Sift flour, baking powder, cardamom, and salt into the mixing bowl; stirring until the batter has no dry pockets. Pour batter into a piping bag or resealable zip bag, with the corner cut for a small opening. Pipe batter into each donut mold, filling to the top (not over).
Bake donuts for 5-7 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick draws clean. Place baking sheet on cooling rack for at least 15 minutes before carefully removing donuts.
While donuts are cooling, place blueberries into a coffee grinder or small food processor and pulse until they become a fine powder. Sift the ground blueberries and powdered sugar into a small mixing bowl, making sure there are no chunks.
Add coconut oil and non-dairy milk to mixing bowl, whisking vigorously until smooth. Once the donuts are cooled, dunk the top half of them into the glaze, letting the excess drip off. Place on cooling rack or wax paper, and top with a few sugar pearls or vegan sprinkles if you desire.
Serve after all are iced, or place them in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to a day before serving.