Smoky Sesame Avocado Crostini
Creamy avocado paired with roasted sesame seeds, a smoky pepper shake, sprouts and hot sauce make for a fancy-looking crostini that is a quick and delicious appetizer!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 11 minutes
- 1 baguette sour dough or french will work
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayo or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- Pinch of dulse flakes
- 2 in avocados cut half and pitted
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup pea shoots/sprouts or micro-greens
- Optional: Sriracha or my favorite Yellowbird Red Jalapeño Sauce for drizzling
- Optional: Additional smoked salt for finishing
Warm your grill to medium-low flame (roughly 300F). Cut twelve 1/2" thick slices of bread, diagonally, from the baguette. Spread a VERY thin layer of vegan mayo onto each side of the slices, then place on the grill, toasting until there are grill marks (approx. 3 minutes) on each side.
While the bread is toasting, place the nutritional yeast, smoked salt, onion powder, paprika, chipotle, and dulse into a coffee grinder and pulse until evenly combined. Set shake aside.
Taking half of an avocado, cut 1/4" wide slices into it widthwise. Once the crostini is grilled, place 2-3 slices of avocado on each piece of bread. Next, divide the sesame seeds between the slices along with the hot sauce, if using.
Top each crostini with a few pea shoots and a pinch of smoky pepper shake. Serve immediately.