Tofu Shawarma Skewers
These skewers are perfect for Summer grilling, and made easily with Wild Garden’s marinade. Vegan, Nut-free
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 14 ounce package extra firm tofu frozen, then thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup Wild Garden Shawarma Quick Marinade
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup peeled red pearl onions or chopped red onion
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell peppers stem and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon high-temp cooking oil such as sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
- 8.8 ounce packet Wild Garden Couscous Heat & Serve Pilaf
- 2 cups baby arugula
Pat dry the drained tofu and cut into approximately 1"x1" cubes. This should be 32 pieces. In a resealable plastic bag or food container, whisk marinade and water together. Place tofu inside and marinate for 30-45 minutes.
Soak 8 long, wooden skewers in water. Warm grill over medium-high heat, or around 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl, place zucchini, pearl onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers. Drizzle with oil, and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper, tossing again to evenly coat.
Remove tofu from marinade, reserving what is left of the liquid. Start skewering veggies and tofu, making sure there are 4 pieces of tofu on each one.
Once stacked, place skewers on grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until solid grill marks are visible. Flip over and brush with remaining marinade mixture. Grill for another 3 to 5 minutes.
Spread arugula over a large platter. Prepare couscous pilaf according to package instructions, and spread that over arugula. Once skewers are grilled, place them on the platter, brushing again with marinade. Top with chopped cilantro, and serve while hot, with lime wedges.