Sweet Potato Adzuki Bean Burger Sliders
Delicious and nutritious plant-based patties are the cornerstones for these Adzuki Bean Burger Sliders! Topped with awesome sauces and more, it doesn't get much better than this.
Servings 7 -8 patties
- 1 Sweet Potato or Yam boiled peeled, mashed. about 1 cup mashed
- 1 cup Adzuki beans drained, cooked or canned
- 2-4 Tablespoons flour Wheat or Oat or any gf flour. I used 2 Tbsp wheat
- 2 Tablespoons bread crumbs inside patty mixture
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon berbere spice or other spice blend of choice-Cajun, garam masala etc
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes or to taste
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs to coat outside
- Cucumber slices
- Baby Spinach
- Fresh Dill chopped
- Dill Jalapeno aioli (linked in notes) add a teaspoon of chopped Dill to the Aioli recipe
- Multigrain buns/rolls
Preheat oven to 375F and have ready a baking sheet. Boil, peel and mash 1 large Sweet Potato or Yam. Add the rest of the ingredients except 1/4 cup bread crumbs. Mix, mash, mix, taste and adjust salt if needed.
Make patties and coat in bread crumbs. I made 3 inch wide and 1/2-3/4 inch thick patties. The mixture will be sticky. Use flour or oil on hands to work. Once baked, the patties are quite sturdy. (Use gf bread crumbs or coarsely ground Oats for glutenfree)
Place patties on baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and dry on the outside.
Toast the buns/rolls lightly (optional), then arrange Spinach on the buns, Top with a burger patty, Cucumbers, Dill Aioli, Fresh Dill and the top half of the bun.