Persimmon Apple Kale Salad
This Persimmon Apple Kale Salad is SO easy-to-make, healthy, and perfectly seasonal with its fresh ingredients. Made even better with Bragg Apple Cider Vinaigrette!
Servings 6 servings as a side
- 12 ounces (340 g) lacinato kale stems removed, leaves chopped
- 2 teaspoons Bragg Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Gala apple cored and thinly sliced halves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice optional
- 2 Fuyu persimmons peeled and thinly sliced halves
- 1 cup peeled and seeded tangerine pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Bragg Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- Coarse pepper to taste
Place kale in a large mixing bowl and drizzle olive oil over it, then add salt and using your hands "massage" the kale until it is tender, about 30 seconds. Set aside, and toss your apple slices with lemon juice to prevent browning before serving.
Transfer half of the kale to a large serving bowl, then top with half of the apples, persimmons, tangerine, dressing and walnuts. Then repeat with the other half of the ingredients (this makes it easier to distribute toppings), and top with black pepper. Serve right away or store in refrigerator for up to several hours before serving.