This Iced Cinnamon Whiskey Chai drink is spicy, cool, easy-to-make and perfect for holiday parties!
We are nearly half way through December and in the thick of holiday celebrations. This means putting some effort into holding conversations with people you may not know, as well as the folks that you maybe know too well. And while I love bringing baked goods to parties, sometimes you need to bring a cocktail to loosen people up a bit – or just yourself. 😉 That’s where this Iced Cinnamon Whiskey Chai comes in!
This ain’t your average chai beverage for a multitude of reasons. Firstly, the base of this drink is made from the super tasty Rebbl Ashwaganda Chai Super Herb Elixir. Rebbl offers delicious beverages in the form of elixirs and protein drinks, with a variety of flavors. All except two are vegan and can be found in most natural food stores, including Whole Foods and Sprouts. (two contain honey) You can use your favorite, vegan chai mix in place of Rebbl, if you can’t find it!
The creaminess of the chai beverage comes from coconut milk, and I added a little more to cut some of the super cinnamon spice from the whiskey. Adding a little stevia or maple syrup makes for a dessert-like vibe, while still being much lighter than say, vegan nog.
I will definitely be doing more experimenting with Rebbl’s other flavors, as I’m finding myself totally in love with the Maca Mocha and Maca Cold Brew drinks. What can I say? I’m a sucker for maca and coffee. A couple more things I love about these drinks is that they use organic ingredients, fair trade when possible, and that they’re ingredient lists are made up of whole foods.
I mean, if you’re going to get a lil’ boozy, why not throw some nourishing ingredients in there at the same time? And a tip for you, I used Barnivore to find a vegan cinnamon whiskey, as some brands are not.
- 12 ounces (355 ml) premade, store-bought Chai Mix*
- 4 ounces (60 ml) cinnamon or spiced whiskey
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) full-fat coconut milk, optional*
- 5 drops stevia or 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon (5 g) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- Dash of salt
- In a cocktail shaker, place a handful of ice cubes, chai elixir, whiskey, coconut milk and maple syrup. Shake for 20 seconds.
- In a small, shallow dish, mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together, until combined. In another small dish, place a few tablespoons of water. Dip two glasses into the water, letting excess drip off, then sugar the rim.
- Place a couple of ice cubes in each glass and pour drink over the top. Serve chilled and enjoy responsibly!
**Each chai mix has different levels of spices, so if you use one that is on the mild side (like Tazo or Bhakti), forgo the coconut milk and add more cinnamon. If you use one like Rebbl which is VERY spiced, use the coconut milk if you'd like it creamier.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Switch up the Iced Cinnamon Whiskey Chai:
- Is iced too cold for you? Try heating this up in a pot on the stove for a serious body warmer.
- Try Rebbl’s Vanilla Protein drink instead of the chai for a more mellow spice and nog-gy vibe.
- Lastly, when in doubt, top it with some tasty vegan whipped cream!
This post is sponsored by Rebbl, all opinions are my own and honest.