Updated on February 9, 2012
I have three main breakfast meals that I resort to during the week: smoothies, cereal and most definitely, oatmeal. That’s why there are so many oatmeal recipes on my blog! When you find yourself eating the same type of meal often, it’s important to change it up so that you don’t get bored with it. With this recipe I took inspiration from one of my favorite winter desserts, and put it into a delicious and filling breakfast.
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp. Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Molasses
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8-1/4 tsp. Ground Cloves
- Pinch of Salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a small pot over medium heat, and continually stir until the rolled oats are cooked and the consistency is to your liking.
- Taste while it is cooking and adjust the amount of spices to suit you, pour into a bowl and drizzle a little maple syrup on top.
Here are the approximate nutritional facts, for those of you who asked!