Baked Plum Pistachio Oatmeal Cups! Easy, delicious, and allergen friendly, plus oil-free!
I used to eat oatmeal for breakfast all of the time, during the first couple of years after I went vegan. I’d make all kinds of flavors, as you can see judging by the oatmeal tag on my site. But, lately, my breakfast has consisted of coffee and anything I can put on a piece of toast, that might be in my fridge. Some mornings this could be a layer of vegan mayo with seeds on top, kinda sad. Therefore, these Baked Plum Pistachio Oatmeal Cups are a much-welcome addition!
So, I was happy to return to my oat-y roots. This time, making some baked oatmeal that could be prepared ahead of time and eaten conveniently during the week. Plus, stone fruits are finally back to my local grocery stores, and I found the most amazing plums for these lil’ baked oatmeal cups.
This recipe is seriously easy-to-make! Simply chop, mix, scoop, and bake; maybe finish with a drizzle if you’re into that sort of thing. 😉 I paired the plums with pistachios, cardamom, and vegan white chocolate chips,* plus these are sweetened with mostly coconut sugar (and a little maple syrup) which gives these an even better flavor. *Edit: It looks as though those chips are currently unavailable on Amazon, but you may be able to find them elsewhere!
These oatmeal cups are super versatile, too! Other flavors I want to try in the future: sweet cherries with vanilla and almonds, apple cinnamon with pecans, strawberries and cream, maybe even a pumpkin pie? I’m sure the possibilities are endless. But, for now, I’m going to finish off the tasty Plum Pistachio Cups that are tempting me, in my kitchen!
Oatmeal Cup Base
- 2 cups rolled oats, gluten-free
- 1/2 cup diced plum
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 3 tablespoons vegan white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- cup Roughly 1/2 thinly sliced plum, 10 round slices
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Cardamon, for sprinkling
Oatmeal Cup Base
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 12-ct cupcake pan, lightly with cooking oil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, place rolled oats, diced plum, coconut sugar, pistachios, white chocolate chips, ground flaxseed, cardamom and sea salt. In a small bowl, stir water, non-dairy milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet mixture into the medium mixing bowl and stir until combined. Use a 1/3-measuring-cup to scoop oatmeal mixture into cupcake pan. You will fill 10 of them; make sure that the liquid ratio is roughly the same in each one.
- Top each oatmeal cup with a slice of plum. Place sheet in oven and bake for 23-24 minutes, or until the edges of each oatmeal cup are golden brown.
- Place cupcake pan on cooling rack for 15-20 minutes.
- While the oatmeal cups are cooling, warm white chocolate chips and coconut milk in a double boiler, whisking until melted and smooth.
- Once oatmeal cups are cool enough to handle and more firm, use a thin spatula or butter knife to loosen them from the pan. You can carefully flip the pan over to get the cups out, or use a spoon. Place back on cooling rack, drizzle with white chocolate mixture, sprinkle pistachios and a light shake of cardamom over the tops. Serve.
- Will last 1 week in the fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Have a great weekend!
This post contains an affiliate link.