I’m so excited about today’s blog post! I’ve known Amber St. Peter from Fettle Vegan for a couple of years now, and am elated that her cookbook, Homestyle Vegan, is out as of November 1st! Because she is amazing, she is letting me share this delicious recipe for Holiday Nog with you. Not only that, I’m also giving away one copy of the cookbook to a lucky reader!
Upon my first look through Homestyle Vegan, it became very clear to me that the title was dead-on. Page after page is filled with glorious, comforting recipes and with so many photos throughout! Amber has included chapters like “Meals that will stick to your ribs”, “Crowd-pleasers”, “Bake-sale worthy baked goods” (my personal favorite), and “Stock your pantry”.
And, if you’re not into tofu or faux meats, she has prominently displayed on the cover that you will find none of that in this book! Not to mention, many recipes include soy-free and gluten-free options.
While I picked the Holiday Nog because it’s seriously easy-to-make, and perfect for this time of year, I had my eye on some other recipes as well. How good does a Lobster Mushroom Bisque sound? Or Biscuits with Mushroom Gravy? Unnfffff. Maybe the next recipe I make will be the Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, for Thanksgiving? There are tons of great recipes to choose from in here!
Now, before you drool all over your keyboard, let’s get you that Holiday Nog recipe! Under the recipe, you will find how to enter the giveaway to win a copy of Homestyle Vegan. <3
Holiday Nog from Fettle Vegan
- 1/2 cup raw cashews 75g
- 1 cup hot water 240ml
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk 360ml
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk, 276ml
- 4 to 6 Medjool dates pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Rum optional
- cloves Whole for garnish
- In a small bowl, soak the raw cashews in the hot water for at least 30 minutes. Drain.
- Pour the soaked cashews, almond and coconut milks, dates, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves and salt into a high-speed blender and blend until creamy. You can strain it through a cheesecloth if you like, but I love how creamy this drink is and didn't bother straining. Serve cold with rum (if you like!) and garnish with whole cloves.
Enjoy the Holiday Nog and enter the giveaway below! (US residents, 18 & older)
There are affiliate links in this post. Purchases made through these links send a teeny bit of money my way, which helps me keep the blog going! 🙂