This Smoky Mushroom & Vegetable Slow Cooker Stew is the perfect way to warm up on a cold night! Just dump everything in the slow cooker and let it turn into a delicious meal.
I’ve got to be honest, I really don’t use my crock pot as much as I should. I think it’s the waiting that you have to do between preparing and stuffing your face with delicious food that deters me. Then, when I decide to randomly pull it out, I am reminded of how great the payoff can be. Waiting those few hours for the flavors of your dish to meld together, it really transforms into something wonderful. In the end, all of the work is in the prep and the crock pot does the rest for you, magnificent!
This savory, smoky stew is a culmination of earthy wild mushrooms with tons of fresh vegetables and seasonings. It’s a great for the fall and even chilly winter nights, it will make your place smell amazing and will warm your belly. It’s comforting without being the typical, unhealthy comfort food.
- 8 Cups Vegetable Broth, I use no salt added Rapunzel
- 1 Cup Dried Chickpeas
- 2 Cups chopped Carrots
- 2 Cups diced White Onions
- 1 Cup Corn Kernels
- 3 Cups chopped Potato
- 3 Cups chopped Zucchini
- 1 Cup Dried Wild Mushrooms, or any earthy-flavored Mushrooms
- 8 oz. Can of Tomato Paste
- 3 Tbsp. Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke
- 1 Tbsp. minced Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. minced Fresh Curled Parsley
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. Dried Sage
- 1 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a large crock pot, turned on high heat, place vegetable broth and chickpeas. Prepare the rest of the ingredients while the chickpeas are being cooked. Then add the rest of the ingredients into the crock pot and stir together until they are mixed, the zucchini may float and that's normal.
- Continue to cook the stew at high heat for approx. 8-10 hours, or until chickpeas are no longer raw and hard. Stir it every few hours, although it'll be fine if you leave it be while you go to work, etc. It may be beneficial to fix this dish up at night and leave it on until dinner the next day so that the flavors meld together better. You can always freeze the leftovers for later so that you have plenty of soup for the coming months!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 485mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 11gSugar: 15gProtein: 10g
The nutrition information is calculated by a plug-in, and isn't always accurate. Please calculate your own with the products that you use, as it will be different for everyone.
If you enjoy this Smoky Vegetable Slow Cooker Stew, try some of these recipes next!
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Lentil Stew
- Slow Cooker Potato Curry Chili
- Instant Pot Tomato Bisque from Scratch