October is here! Now, it’s time to get more fun and/or weird with our food than usual. This Halloween Cookie Shake is more like an indulgent smoothie, than an over-the-top shake. It has some sneaky fruits and spices mixed in with the sweets!
Clearly, blogging has gotten away from me again. But with finishing photography for another author’s cookbook right after finishing my own, then participating in Life is Beautiful, things were VERY overwhelming for a bit. Luckily, it’s simmered down and I can make more fun new recipes for y’all!
Plus, I finally camped for the first time in almost two years, out in Southern Utah and wanted to share some pics here. It was so beautiful, and our campsite was just outside of Zion National Park, where we hope to actually go in next time. (lol!) If you ever camp in the Southwest US, I’d love to hear about your favorite camping sites!
Also, we are just under 3 months out from Vegan Yack Attack’s Plant-Based Meal Prep being released into the world!! So, I’ll be sharing a preview recipe with SUPER soon. Meanwhile, you can pre-order it on any of the links on my Cookbooks page.
Back to the Halloween cookie shake! While I don’t order shakes often, Corey LOVES them. And because of a craving of his the other day, I ended up throwing together a pretty awesome shake using up stuff in the freezer. With this recipe I wanted to be a bit more intentional. So, I went with a base of banana, pumpkin, coconut milk, and of course, cookies.
This recipe comes together quickly, and is totally kid-friendly! Get even more colorful by adding a bit of vegan sprinkles over the top, and enjoy.
1 year: Kabocha Squash Feta Salad // 3 years: Fall Farro Protein Bowl // 4 years: Smoky Sesame Avocado Crostini // 5 years: Pumpkin Banana Nut Muffins // 6 years: Roasted Tofu Kale Tacos // 7 years: Vegan Golabki // 8 years: Smoky Mushroom Slow Cooker Stew
Halloween Cookie Shake
This Shake is more like an indulgent smoothie, than an over-the-top shake. It has some sneaky fruits and spices mixed in with the sugar!
- 2 1/2 cups (387 g) peeled, chopped, frozen banana, about 3 bananas-worth
- 1 cup (225 ml) full-fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup (180 g) pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 (78 g) vegan chocolate cream cookie sandwiches, chopped
- Non-dairy chocolate syrup, or make your own chocolate sauce (type "chocolate drizzle" in my search bar)
- Non-dairy whipped cream
- Ground turmeric for color, optional
- Place frozen banana chunks into a food processor equipped with an s-blade. Process for 1 minute or more, or until the mixture is smooth and thick. Add coconut milk, pumpkin puree, turmeric, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt to base, and puree again until incorporated.
- Next, add cookies to the base, but pulse only a few times, or until the cookies pieces are smaller but not crumbs (or the mixture will become brown). Drizzle a little chocolate syrup or homemade sauce shake on the insides of two large glasses then divide shake mixture between them. Lastly, top with whipped cream, more chocolate, and light dusting of turmeric, plus a cookie if you have more! Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Here are some other great Halloween related recipes!
This post includes an affiliate link.
17 Thrilling Vegan Halloween Recipes That are Scary Delicious
Wednesday 2nd of September 2020
[…] Vegan Halloween Cookie Shake by Vegan Yack Attack […]
Monday 21st of October 2019
Hi! The recipe sounds delicious but I have a question. Can it be made with almond milk?
Tuesday 29th of October 2019
We made it once with canned light coconut milk and once with carton almond milk. It was delicious either way.
Sunday 20th of October 2019
Yum! What a great treat! We loved it! Thanks for your creativity and adding some healthiness!
Jackie @ Vegan Yack Attack!
Sunday 20th of October 2019
Awww, I'm so glad to hear that!! Thank you for letting me know. :D
Halloween Cookie Shake - Veganly
Wednesday 9th of October 2019
[…] October is here! Now, it’s time to get more fun and/or weird with our food than usual. This Halloween Cookie Shake is more like an indulgent smoothie, than an over-the-top shake. It has some sneaky fruits and spices… Read More […]