Moist blackberry mango muffins with occasional crunches of pistachios are great for breakfast or a snack!
I’m in a bit of a rush today, unfortunately, so this post may be more brief than others! The reason for this is that I’m working at the Coachella Music Festival and Stagecoach (selling merchandise) and will literally be away from my computer (and blog! :() for over three days, three weekends of this month. I’m not really looking forward to it, but it’s money, right? That’s why I’ve spoiled you silly with recipes THREE DAYS IN A ROW! Not that you’ve noticed. 😉
Now, onto the Blackberry Mango Muffins! This recipe was a little finicky, so make sure that you have the right proportions here. I made these so that I could bring them out with me to Indio this weekend if I needed snacks. Who knows what kind of food is going to be there and if it’s vegan, I feel that it’s probably best to bring your own. I’ve never used mango in a baked recipe before, and it turned out so moist and subtly sweet; when eaten with the warm blackberries and crunchy pistachios, it was an absolute delight.
- 3 Tbsp . Ground Flaxseed
- 1 1/4 Cup Warm Water
- 2 Cups Mango, No Skin/seed and Mashed
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
- 2/3 Cup Organic Sugar
- 1 Tbsp . Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp . Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/2 Cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp . Baking Soda
- 1 tsp . Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp . Ground Allspice
- 1 tsp . Salt
- 1 Cup Fresh Blackberries
- 1 Cup Salted, Shelled Pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and get 24 cupcake liners ready in a baking sheet.
- Stir the ground flaxseed and warm water together and set aside for a few minutes until the flaxseed is gelatinous.
- In a small bowl, stir together the coconut oil, mango, sugar, ACV, vanilla extract and the flaxseed mixture.
- Using a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, Allspice, and salt.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir together until there are not dry chunks and it is smooth.
- Fold the blackberries and salted pistachios into the batter. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the cupcake liners until it almost reaches the top.
- Bake for 23-27 minutes, check to see if they are done baking with a toothpick to see if it draws clear. Place on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Note that I specified that the pistachios be salted; when you take a bite into these blackberry mango muffins, the pistachios give them a delectably buttery taste that makes them quite the pleasure to eat. I hope that everyone has a great weekend, I’ll be posting again, soon! 🙂
The bloghop, this month, is filled with so many amazing blogs! I love that I’m able to be a part of it, and continue to share the foodie love. Here’s a list of all of the bloggers that are participating!
A Little bit of everything ~ Roxana GreenGirl ~ @RoxanaGreenGirl
Baker Street ~ Anuradha ~ @bakerstreet29
Baking and Cooking, A Tale of Two Loves ~ Becky Higgins
BigFatBaker ~ Erin ~ @BigFatBaker
Bon à croquer ~ Valerie ~ @Valouth
Cake Duchess ~ Lora ~ @Cakeduchess
Easily Good Eats ~ Three Cookies
Elephant Eats ~ Amy
GeorgieCakes ~ Georgie ~ @georgiecakes
Hobby and More ~ Richa ~ @betit19
Java Cupcake ~ Betsy Eves ~ @JavaCupcake
Mis Pensamientos ~ Junia ~ @juniakk
No One Likes Crumbley Cookies ~ TR ~ @TRCrumbley
Oh Cake ~ Jessica ~ @jesshose
Queen’s Notebook ~ Elizabeth ~ @Mango_Queen
Rico sin Azúcar ~ Helena ~ @ricosinazucar
Simply Reem ~ Reem ~ @simplyreem
Soni’s Food for Thought ~ Soni ~ @sonisfood
Teaspoon of Spice ~ Deanna ~ @tspbasil
That Skinny Chick Can Bake!!! ~ Liz ~ @Thatskinnychick
The Art of Cooking Real Food ~ Laura ~@TAofCRF
The Wimpy Vegetarian ~ Susan ~ @wimpyvegetarian
Vegan Yack Attack! ~ Jackie ~ @veganyackattack
Vegetarian Mamma ~ Cindy ~ @VegetarianMamma
Please join in on the #berrylove fun by linking up any berry recipe from the month of March 2012. Don’t forget to link back to this post, so that your readers know to come stop by the #berrylove event! The twitter hashtag is #berrylove.