Need a unique, fall treat? These vegan White Chocolate Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups are incredible, and easier to make than you might think!
A couple of months ago, I was shooting a taste tester column for VegNews all on vegan white chocolate. One of the products were these incredible black sesame cups from EatChic, that were SO good. This recipe isn’t quite their version, I was inspired by their creation to for this seasonal take!
While vegan white chocolate isn’t the easiest to find in stores, you can order online through a few different sites. I typically use King David chips, but there are other brands available! You could also try making your own, but I have not tried this method and am not sure what the ratio would be for these.
And, speaking of these white chocolate pumpkin peanut butter cups, all it takes is a little melting, spooning, whisking and refrigerating! After you’ve obtained your white chocolate, you just need a few familiar ingredients and a mini-cupcake pans, with liners. You could also make these in a standard-sized cupcake pan, but will have to roughly triple the amounts listed in my instructions, for each cup.
Now, if you have a peanut allergy, you can use smooth almond butter or sunflower butter instead. And honestly, you could also make these from vegan dark chocolate, but I love the light creaminess of white chocolate here. I added turmeric and paprika for a festive color, but they’re optional!
Finally, let’s get on with the recipe, shall we! If you make and enjoy this treat, I love to see your recreations! Post it on social media with the #veganyackattack or @veganyackattack, so that I can check ‘em out and share. <3
White Chocolate Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups
- 2 3/4 cups vegan white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric optional
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika or ground annatto seed - optional
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice blend
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Line a mini-cupcake pan with 24 paper liners, set aside. For the white chocolate mix, in a small mixing bowl, microwave white chocolate chips and coconut oil, for 60 seconds. Whisk mixture together until completely smooth; if there are lumps, microwave for an additional 20 to 30 seconds.
- Add turmeric and paprika to the white chocolate mixture and whisk again, until completely combined. Set mixture aside, and work quickly to make pumpkin filling.
- For the pumpkin peanut butter filling, in a bowl, whisk together peanut butter, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin spice, and fine sea salt together.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of white chocolate mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Following that, spoon a rounded teaspoon of pumpkin peanut butter mixture into each liner. Pat each spoonful down gently, to get it flatter, but not touching the sides of the cupcake liner.
- Spoon remaining white chocolate mix over the tops of the peanut butter, and tap baking sheet down on a flat surface to eliminate bubbles. Before it hardens, sprinkle black sesame seeds and coarse salt over the tops of the cups. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes before serving. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or under 70F, for up to a week.
PS. My cousin Al says, “Hi from Michigan!”