These veggie frittata bites are nutritious, filling and TASTY! Plus, they are allergen friendly with no soy, gluten, nuts, or dairy.
Boo-yah! Can you believe all of the blogging that’s been going on around here this month? I barely can, especially with the holidays going on; but I’m stoked to host the third, but not last, giveaway on the blog for the month. This time I’m giving you the chance to when an assortment of vegan/gluten-free Massel Bouillon products! Yes, the ones that I’ve used for vegan beefy tacos, skewers and butternut garlic bisque. Plus, I even have these Veggie Frittata Bites to show you what you can do with them.
I’ve played around with frittatas before, but I’m SUPER happy with how these adorable frittata bites turned out! Plus, they are low in oil, gluten-free, soy-free and obviously, vegan. I guess the fact that they are full of tasty veggies is a selling point, as well. These mini-frittatas are great for serving at potluck brunches, and are kid-friendly!
I used chickpea/garbanzo bean flour as the base for this recipe, along with some cornstarch to thicken a little more, Massel’s salt-reduced vegetable bouillon granules (my favorite!), Black Indian Salt (Kala Namak) for eggy flavor and nutritional yeast. You could add a little ground turmeric for a more yellow color, but it is not necessary.
As far as the veggie stir-ins go, the possibilities are endless! To be honest, I went with what was in my fridge that I knew would go well together, but you can use your favorite diced veggies however you’d like to combine them. Keep the measurements the same and you’re good to go. Easy recipe, easy execution, easily found ingredients and easily eaten. Eating them is obviously the best part. 😉
Before I get to the fantastic Veggie Frittata Bites, I’d just like to mention that I can’t believe that there is still another giveaway (THIS WEEK, EVEN)! You guys are damn lucky, if I do say so myself. I don’t know how January is going to fare compared to all of the fun happening on the blog this month.
One Year Ago: Vegan Chocolate Review! // Three Years Ago: Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Frosting
Veggie Frittata Bites
- 1 tablespoon Coconut or Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 1/2 cup carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 3/4 cups chickpea/garbanzo flour
- 1 1/2 cup Warm Water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Massel Salt-Reduced Vegetable Bouillon Granules
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Black Indian Salt aka Kala Namak
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- Warm oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion to the pan and saute for 2 minutes, then add the rest of the vegetables and saute until they have softened (about 5 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350F and oil a 12-ct. muffin pan. (You will only need 8 holes)
- Whisk together the chickpea flour, water, bouillon granules, nutritional yeast, black Indian salt, cornstarch, and pepper, until there are no dry spots. Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Stir the vegetables into the chickpea batter until combined, then scoop the mixture into the pan, filling each hole almost to the top.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 25-28 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and they are not jiggly.
- Once baked, cool them for 5-10 minutes before serving. You may need to use a butter knife or small spatula to pop them out of the pan. Serve warm and garnish with green onion/cilantro/parsley/etc.
Enter below to win the Massel Prize Pack!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post in that Massel sent me product to use for a recipe of my creation and I was compensated for it. All opinions are honest and my own. Best believe that I wouldn’t share a crappy product with you!