Updated on November 30, 2015
I am trying my darnedest to not start this post out with a series of exclamation points. But, I’m not promising that it won’t happen. What I will say, is that I am very, very excited to be releasing my first eBook — well, for VYA, anyway. Not only that, it’s ALL about pumpkin! Just in time for Thanksgiving, right? 😉
The Great Vegan Pumpkin eBook showcases 20 awesome pumpkin recipes, you’ve got your savory and of course your sweet; plus breakfast, snacks, entrees and dessert! If I was to pick a favorite it would be… Ugh. That’s hard! You know how much I love beer, so I’ll have to go with the Double Pumpkin Beer Float. Because of that, I’ll be sharing the recipe for it with you, today!
Pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin ale and an optional drizzle of pumpkin spice caramel (recipe also in the eBook), make an amazing, adult-pleasing dessert. The best part of all is that it is so easy to make! If you want to serve this as a non-traditional Thanksgiving feast dessert, just make the ice cream right before dinner.
One Year Ago: Apple Pear Crisp
Two Years Ago: Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcake
- 1-15 oz. Can of Pumpkin Puree
- 1- 15 oz. Can of Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 6 T. Maple Syrup
- 5 T. Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp. Sea Salt
- 4 Pumpkin Ales of your choosing, the more malty the better
- 4 Beer Glasses
- Optional: Pumpkin Spice Caramel for Drizzling (pg. 22 in eBook)
- Place all ingredients, except for the beer and caramel, into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the contents into an ice cream maker for 15-20 minutes, or into a container and chill it in the freezer until firm (3 hours).
- Once the ice cream is firm, but soft enough to scoop, place two scoops of it into each beer glass.
- Pour the beer over the ice cream and drizzle a teaspoon or more of caramel on top. Serve with a spoon and a straw.
PS. If you make anything from the book, post it on your Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook account(s) with the hashtag #greatveganpumpkin so that I can keep up with everything and share it on my Facebook!