White bean beer fondue, from Vegan Bowl Attack!, makes for a fun appetizer to be shared among friends, whether for a dinner party or a game night! This creamy, low-fat, fondue is a delicious crowd-pleaser, especially with its beer-tinged aroma.
Y’all, I don’t think I can properly tell you how glad I am to have this recipe on the blog! There were MANY technical problems involved in shooting the video (shown below) – like A LOT – camera malfunctions, software malfunctions, files going missing. Oy. All of that to say, that I think this White Bean Beer Fondue is a super-easy recipe! And you should definitely be serving it up at all of your holiday parties.
This recipe is from my first cookbook, Vegan Bowl Attack!, and is well-loved by those who have made it. Even non-vegans love it! All you have to do is blend the ingredients up, cook it in a pan, and serve it with your favorite dippers. (My favorites are sourdough cubes, apples, and broccoli!)
And if you’re like me and are still getting your holiday shopping done, check out my holiday gift guide from last year! It’s filled with cookbooks, DIY gifts, and non-tangible ones for the vegans in your life. 😉 Lastly, check out the video below and subscribe, if you’re on YouTube! I’m slowly building my channel up and would love your support. <3
For the fondue
- 1/4 cup (35 g) raw cashews, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- 1 can (15 ounces, or 425 g) white beans, with liquid
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) unsweetened, soy-free non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) ale or lager, (gluten-free, if necessary)
- 1/4 cup (15 g) nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons (15 g) tapioca starch
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons coconut vinegar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (107 g) broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups (195 g) carrot sticks
- 1 1/2 cups (75 g) toasted cubed bread , (gluten-free, if necessary)
- 1 cup (150 g) cubed green apple
- 1 cup (60 g) pretzels, (gluten-free, if necessary)
- Drain and rinse the cashews then place them into a blender along with the white beans (plus the liquid from beans), soy-free non-dairy milk, beer, nutritional yeast, tapioca flour, garlic, both vinegars, dijon mustard, and half of the salt. Puree mixture until very smooth, and transfer cheese sauce to a large sauce pan warmed at medium-low heat.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, whisking frequently to make sure the bottom doesn’t burn. The fondue will thicken, and you want it to get hot so that the tapioca starch completely dissolves. Whisk until the fondue leaves a thick coating of sauce on the whisk or a spoon when dipped in it, and season with remaining salt.
- Transfer the fondue to a small crock pot, fondue pot, or glass bowl for serving. Place the broccoli, carrot sticks, toast cubes, apple, and pretzels on a serving tray with skewers for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Tools used for the White Bean Beer Fondue:
This post contains affiliate links.